The weather has been beautiful lately, and that means dinner most nights is cooked out on the grill and eaten on our back porch. I just love it! I have been trying my hardest to get the hang of this whole grilling thing and I have been doing quite well, if I do say so myself. It helps when the recipe I am cooking is super simple and only requires one flip…now that I can master. These Turkey Burgers with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Feta are the perfect dinner for a hot Summer evening with my family.
My sister Laura made these burgers for the first time a few years ago and we have been hooked on them ever since. These burgers are a favorite for many reasons. One, they are very simple to make. Two, they grill up in no time. Three, they look beautiful. Just look at all of the colorful ingredients that go into them: Italian parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese. Four, and most importantly, they taste amazing!
These Turkey Burgers are perfect for a hot Summer evening because they aren’t heavy like a traditional beef burger. Now I love me some beef burgers, but this turkey burger and all its sun-dried tomato and feta cheese goodness is just what I need sometimes. They have so much flavor and pair wonderfully with a cooling Tzatziki sauce and peppery arugula.
If you are looking for a delicious burger that can lighten things up this Summer, this one is for you. Happy grilling!
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup drained and chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Be careful not to overmix. Form the mixture into 6 even patties.
- Reduce the grill heat to medium and lightly grease the grill. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 6 minutes per side, closing the grill in between flipping the burgers. You may need less time depending on your grill. Just keep an eye on them so they don't over cook.
- Serve on a fresh bun with tzatziki sauce and baby arugula.
I am going to start this post by saying that I am warning you…..the following recipe will probably make you drool. This grilled cheese sandwich is amazingly, incredibly, over the top delicious. Think grilled cheeses are just for kids? Keep reading.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and when I saw it my mouth dropped open. Where has this been all my life and why didn’t I think of it? Brie cheese and fig jam is one of my favorite combinations. I love eating it on crackers, a spoon, with apple slices, basically anything. It is SO good! I have made it my mission to try all the varieties of Brie that Wegmans carries, because well why not? For this sandwich I used a mild brie but you can use any type you like.
I have made this sandwich twice this week and as I am writing this post I really want to make it a third time. It is so easy to throw together. Just smear some fig jam on a slice of good quality bread, place sliced brie cheese on top of that and close with another bread slice. Combine softened butter and as much rosemary as you like in a small bowl and then spread liberally on both sides of the sandwich. Fry up in a skillet until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from the skillet and devour. I probably don’t have to say the devour part because after taking one bite of this you will probably inhale the whole thing in about 30 seconds.
- ~ 2 Slices of good quality bread (I used Garlic Tuscan)
- ~ 3 to 4 Slices Brie Cheese
- ~ 2 tbls. Fig Jam
- ~ 2 tbls. Butter, softened
- ~ 2 tbls. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat.
- Combine butter and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Spread the fig jam on one slice of bread and place the sliced Brie cheese on top.
- Top with other slice of bread.
- Spread the Rosemary butter on both sides of bread and place in heated up skillet.
- Cook for a couple minutes until golden brown and flip. Cook another couple minutes on this side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet, slice in half, and enjoy!