Baked Oatmeal Squares
Breakfast is the one meal that I am not good about planning for and it can get really boring. I usually just make scrambled eggs, pancakes, or sometimes (I am embarrassed to say) I will feed my children…..pop tarts! I feel so guilty every time I do it. I want to start making breakfast more exciting around my house and healthier too! I can usually accomplish that when I get out of bed well before my kids, have my coffee, do my devotional, and prepare something before they are awake and it’s GO GO GO! Unfortunately, I don’t always get up as early as I would like, so these Baked Oatmeal Squares are the perfect healthy and easy breakfast that I can make ahead of time of quickly in the morning.
These Baked Oatmeal Squares use simple ingredients that I always have on hand and you can customize the toppings to your taste! This time I topped mine with shredded coconut, walnuts, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips. The chocolate ones being my favorite of course! Fresh blueberries and strawberries are also delicious on these.
I use my Pampered Chef Brownie Pan to make cute little squares that I can easily take for breakfast on the go or for a snack.
This recipe is very simple to make and only dirties one mixing bowl. All you do is mix the wet ingredients together and then add the rolled oats, baking powder, and cinnamon. Put 1/4 cup in each well of the pan or muffin tin and top with whatever you like! My kids love putting their own toppings on. Pop it into a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
As we move into Fall, try substituting the banana in the batter for pureed pumpkin! Or how about using applesauce and topping them with diced apples and cinnamon sugar! The possibilities are endless!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Toppings: fruit, nuts, chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Brownie Pan with nonstick baking spray. (You can also use a muffin tin).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, canola oil, and brown sugar. Add in the bananas, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until combined. Stir in the oats and baking powder.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mixture into each of the squares in the pan. Add your favorite toppings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and lightly golden brown on the top. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating or removing from the pan. Store in the refrigerator or freezer and reheat before eating.
Adapted from: The Wholesome Dish