Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie
It’s Cinco de Mayo! It’s the perfect day for me to bring you this new recipe! I am so thankful this Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie has come into my life. It doesn’t require a lot of work or fancy ingredients. You can throw it together in minutes and customize it to your tastes.
This week while doing my grocery shopping, I came across something amazing, something inventive, something that changes everything (being dramatic, I love food). Maybe I am really behind on this (okay I probably am) BUT I found tomato and basil flavored flour tortillas! Yes! Did you know about this? Why have I never tried these before? Oh my word! I love these and only have two left, so I am about to panic. These will take your quesadilla game or anything tortilla game to a whole new level. The crust of this pie was supposed to be a regular flour tortilla but that wasn’t happening after I found these. It really added a whole nother level of flavor.
This quesadilla pie is so creamy and full of flavor. For my filling I used shredded chicken, cilantro, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapenos. The jalapeno added a nice smokiness but not to much heat. I was hoping I had a can of green chilies in the pantry but no such luck. Those would have been amazing in this pie.
This makes a great weeknight meal because it takes 30 minutes start to finish and it’s something the whole family will love. So give this one a try. I know it won’t let you down.
- ~ 1 10-inch flour tortilla (any flavor you like)
- ~ 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces
- ~ 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ~ 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- ~ 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ~ Salt and pepper
- ~ 2 large eggs
- ~ 1 cup whole milk
- ~ 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ~ 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Set your oven rack to the middle of the oven and preheat to 450.
- Spray a 9inch pie plate with cooking spray and press the tortilla into the pie plate.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese, jalapenos, cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Spread the filling in the pie plate over tortilla.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for about 16-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- I used a tomato and basil flour tortilla.
- You can serve with sour cream, salsa, or sliced avocado.